Monday, August 13, 2007

eco-totes


DSCF2177
Originally uploaded by dalbhat
refuse plastics with an
ECO-tote
by mustard seeds

My sister found these tote bags (literally hundreds of them) in a thrift shop in arkansas at 10 cents a piece this summer and bought a whole heck of a lot of 'em. We are jazzing them up to promote the idea of "carrying your own bag" to the market ...so less plastic ends up on the streets here!

This sure was a nice way to spend a very rainy monsoon Monday. Hashi and I were stitching and pinning all day. When Girl arrived home from school, she helped me with the labels as we already had an order for six of these.

Refusing plastics, by always carrying an extra bag inside your daily bag, is one of the easiest ways I know to help this planet!


DSCF2160

1 comment:

Miss behaving said...

They are great. I really want to buy some. for myself and to re sell
( for you) at my school.
Lets tawk.